Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Love That Dress On Her!

WITH ALL THE TALK OF WAR, SOVEREIGN DEBT AND ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, sometimes a girl's gotta retreat into girly stuff like coronation fashion and fruit smoothies to get her groove back. So while surfing around this morning at Go Fug Yourself---a new link I've added to my right sidebar---I saw this smashing dress on Kristin Scott Thomas at Cannes. Somehow the eye-popping color floating across the red carpet with palm trees waving and yachts bobbing in the background makes me feel happy and lighter. Can almost hear soft sea breezes as I look on. This is a color that would make me look like I had a stomach virus, however, it appears to work for her. And the sheer amount of fabric---the brocade drapery-to-dress look---would be laughably too much on my smaller frame. But nevermind! She wears it well and and the whole thing works to lift my spirits. A little female opulence now and then is a wonderful thing when it's done right. And the color gold with silver sash is right on as the price of gold (and silver) continue their skyward climb into the stratosphere!

Blogging will be sporadic for the next few weeks and actually throughout the summer months. But I intend to post as I can. God bless.

2 comments:

gcotharn said...

I love how visually interesting all the gathering parts of the dress are. I am drawn into the dress, as into a painting.

Also, at Cannes, I loved Salma Hayek's soft pink dress.

Webutante said...

Salma is the ultimate specimen of ripe and beautiful womanhood. You have a great eye, Greg!