Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Buy Gold On the Dips!

OK, I'M ON A GOLD KICK. IT WON'T LAST. But while it does, let me say that I like, no love, this gold dress on Kim Cattrall much better than the one below on Kristin Scott Thomas. She looks terrific, even without the palm trees and sea breezes in the background. This dress is more my style and she pulls this off plu-perfectly. I love the hair, female swagger, the flat stomach,and the feisty little bag with her I'm-having-so-much-fun-with-this pose. I also think she has a great figure without being over-done. Could this be Marilyn Monroe meets a young, relaxed Madonna? I dunno, but fashion-wise, she's almost a perfect 10! Stunning and totally 2010.

3 comments:

gcotharn said...

You're on a (golden) roll.

A wonderful look, especially b/c it's difficult to be creative with a dress and still be tasteful. That's why I like classic, uncreative dresses maybe best of all: just for their beauty. But Ms. Cattrall pulls off some creativity with taste.


The look reminds of the Columbia Pictures lady ... if the Columbia Pictures lady were out to have a good time. I think it's partially b/c of the draped dress and partially b/c of what I perceive as hints of sunburst in the dress. The Columbia Pictures lady always has sunburst near her, or coming out of her torch, as can be seen if you scroll down at this link.

Ms. Cattrall also reminds of the Empire State Building. Sunbursts are associated with art deco, and the Empire State Building is art deco, and maybe that's the subconscious connection I am making. Empire State building art deco

art deco hint of sunburst

So, anyway, my mind goes in those directions when looking at her dress. It's a fun mind, for me, but sometimes it's a lonely mind. I'm surrounded by lovely people who simply care not for art deco.
Which is why it is fun to converse with friends on the internet who might be interested.

gcotharn said...

One more thing: kudos re using plu-perfect in a sentence!

Webutante said...

Thanks, you have a great and descriptive eye.