Friday, October 16, 2009

Preparing My Defense for District Traffic Court This Morning

I HAVE LOTS to write about, but alas it will have to wait until I make my voluntary appearance in the D.C. traffic court this morning to contest a parking violation. What better thing do I have to do on a chilly, rainy Friday than to mount my defense in the midst of the bureaucrats from the SEIU? I'm ready with pictures, "proof," and a rational explanation. But of course, as with most things these days, I'm sure I'm guilty until proven innocent.

Off I go to Judiciary Square on the Metro!

4 comments:

mRed said...

Good luck! Unfortunately, you may need luck more than proof.

Webutante said...

Actually, you are right, mRed. The hearing officer never looked at any of my photos. Nevertheless, the case was dismissed. I was pleasantly surprised by the process in the bowels of the D.C. court system.

gcotharn said...

V-i-c-t-o-r-y-!
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y-!
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y-!

Webutante said...

One can never get too much practice, Greg, in humbling ourselves in government bureaucracies these days....