Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Apologies


I WANTED TO FINISH A POST YESTERDAY AND WRITE AFRESH TODAY. Alas, I got bogged down playing catch-up since I got home with myself, family, friends and duties at home and various business interests.

Fell asleep last night early and slept like a baby for over 10 hours, not my usual 6-hour style. Hope to be back soon. Maybe later tonight, but perhaps not till I play catch-up a little longer and process the many amazing, interesting, scary and outrageously fun, rich experiences over the past 3-4 weeks on the road, hopefully soon.

Thanks most kindly to my readers who put up with me and come by in spite of my life which seems to span the country from Wyoming through Tennessee and on to Washington and New York. It's a lifestyle I resisted for decades while I told myself, my former husband (a liberal who travels the globe) and God I wanted nothing more than to live peacefully all my days in the state of Tennessee.

Evidently, there was another plan for my life. Who knew. I was the last to know and to agree with it. I finally started going along, literally kicking and screaming for decades. What has unfolded was far, far different than my vision for my life, and still catches up with me. Sometimes I just have to rest, sweep the floor with a broom and take out the garbage for a while in spite of my best intentions.

One of the most wonderful things I've learned in the process is how truly expendable I am. Some people find that a horrifying thought. I have come to think of it as wonderfully freeing. And it certainly allows me to play catch-up and restore myself with lots of sleep and exercise.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Rest up and we will return for your new stories....can't wait!

Paul Gordon said...

You let family, friends, and duties come before posting?

What's WRONG with you?!!!

Paul Gordon :-)

Webutante said...

Yes, scandalous isn't it, Paul!