Sunday, September 13, 2009

Here at Last: Cali Valli Kalli and I Go Shopping

FIRST WE WENT to Claire's---mecca for pre-teen girls, where there's more junk per square inch than anyplace on Earth. That includes Hong Kong at its worst/best. I'm not a big shopper myself, but today I summoned every bit of patience, forebearance I had within the depths of my being to go a-junkin with Kalli.....



Valli girl meets Southern Belle who found a fuchsia flower on a headband that might be the perfect accoutrement to the next fly fishing extravaganza.
The good news is in spite of the glue-on finger nails, the pink highlights and the glittering lip gloss, Kalli is still a 10-year-old at heart. I pray she stays that way in spite of myriad forces that would pull her too quickly from her childhood. God willing, I with Pat, Tim, David and many others who love and pray for her daily will be around to help her navigate this process of growing up.

6 comments:

pink hair kalli said...

I may, in some of my and Janes pics have my hair died PINK!!! OMG check it out later, p.s. eat lots of cookie dough and paint the sky purple, peace out...

Pat Koenigsberg said...

Two of my most favorite people--thank God, you will do some of those things with her when I get exhausted from Claire's and Macy's and cell phones and undergarments and pink hair. So glad you two love each other so much. BFF

Webutante said...

So glad I can occasionally fill in the gaps with and for you. She's a great little addition to all our lives.

Unknown said...

AWW what a sweet, fun post! Is she a grand-daughter?

Unknown said...

oops! Nix my previous question! I just read and caught up with your blog happenings and now know you are visiting friends. (Friends with very ugly bumper stickers!;)

Webutante said...

Pam, Kali is my friend Pat's grand-daughter and my surrogate g-d!