Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze, A Man of Every Woman's Dreams

THERE ARE VERY few leading men I find cold, dead knockout. A rare exception is Patrick Swayze. Can't help but think he appeals to every woman who's in her right mind. Masculine, dashing, athletic, accomplished, graceful, available, kind and romantic partner material to the max, I'm so sad to know he's gone. I and the sisters of my generation were totally wowed by this man and the two movies he starred in will stand forever in our hearts and minds: Dirty Dancing and Ghost.

The best part for me was that he seemed to be the same way in real life as he was in film: a loving, strong partner and kind faithful husband, father and son. One of the most talented, disciplined dancers of our time, he was one of the men I most wanted to watch and admire from any distance. He was the man I would have most wanted to sit next to at a dinner party. (Another is Jeff Bridges.)

Jennifer Grey who starred with Patrick in Dirty Dancing told People yesterday:

"Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace," she adds. "My heart goes out to his wife and childhood sweetheart, Lisa Niemi, to his mom, Patsy, and to the rest of their family."

Dirty Dancing Choreographer Kenny Ortega, added, "Patrick was a great human being who I knew as a loving son, husband, brother and friend. He was one of the most creative, enjoyable and alive people I knew. He did as much for dancing as any man of our generation."

As far as I'm concerned, real manhood just lost one of its greatest sons. God bless him and his family, especially his loving life mate/wife, Lisa. whom I know is tired and grieving deeply.

3 comments:

sherry said...

My heart is sad over Patrick Swayze's passing and I cannot possibly imagine (don't want to in its fullness) what his wife is experiencing just now.

Swayze was the right amount of tough and tender and such a gentleman. He and my father are look-a-likes (almost exactly..when my father was a young man..he's 80 now).

jAne

Webutante said...

My heart grieves for his wife also, jAne. Your father must be a great looking fellow....Real gentlemen are hard to find...he certainly seemed to embody that. Real gentlemen are so appealing because they have their rawness under control around women and children and channel it for good.

jadejohn said...

terrible loss for all of us...never mind his wife...