Saturday, January 8, 2011

In Tucson.....

....CONGRESSWOMAN GABBY GIFFORD WOKE UP AFTER SURGERY and recognized her husband, even as Christina Taylor Green's (born on 9-11) and Judge John Roll's families among others--6 bystanders dead, 12 seriously injured---grieved deeply their losses in today's Congress-On-Your-Corner townhall meeting that ended so very tragically. The gunman, Jared Lee Loughner, remained in jail.

The best I can muster is to say they need our continuing, fervent prayers. May God bless and uphold all those touched by this terrible, terrible event including Gabby and others' doctors and law enforcement officials.

As fate would have it, I'll be in Tucson for the next two weeks at a prayer retreat. I've been to the same Safeway in NW Tucson where the shooting occurred since it's in the neighborhood of where I stay off of Picture Rocks Road. Needless to say I'll report anything from here I think might add to the massive conversation that will ensue. However, I believe my main calling through this gap is to be in prayer for these people.

Much political speculation and a plethora of motives and blame will come forth by talking heads in the days ahead, not to mention billions of taxpayers' dollars spent on investigations; however, in the end, this was an assassination by a young, unstable, mixed up nut job with a screw loose, lots of confused ideas, pent up frustrations and obviously delusions of grandeur.

No comments: