Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weekend: Rambling Around Rhinebeck, N.Y. Last Week

Last weekend, 2e and I took a wonderful tour of old Dutch barns in the Hudson Valley around Rhinebeck. Above is the old Astor barn, now owned by photographer Annie Liebowitz. It was last on the tour, where a late afternoon reception ended our touring. Truly a lovely spot.

Of all the things I did, seeing the old Rhinebeck Aerodome with its antique planes, which flew! was a highlight. So much fun and a beautiful day.

Seeing these chickens and that fabulous rooster caused me to stop the car on the barn tour and get out my little Kodak EasyShare.



Love this barn art near the Rhinebeck Aerodome.

Stopped to ask directions from this farmer on the way to find the trailhead. Asked him who he was voting for for President next year. His answer: "Anybody but Hillary."

This year, hiking; next year, baking pies, 2e? I, er, won't hold my breath......Thanks again!

No comments: