Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Salma and Friends Freak



PUBLICITY STUNT TO PROMOTE NEW MOVIE 'GROWN UPS'?

CLEARLY POLITICS AND THE OIL SPILL have gotten to us, especially to me. That's why I can hardly write much about either at the moment, even after the primary wins last night. Right now, I favor less intense subjects. Like this video of Salma and friends completely freaking out over a snake that appears on the scene of some interview. It's very funny from a distance, but we all know we might not have done much better if we'd been in their place. Whether it's snakes, spiders, bears or rats, we've all been there. I certainly have. Can remember years ago when a grown man with a family and successful career almost fainted in our home when he saw our 'pet' white mouse escape his cage and run across the kitchen floor as our children roared with sadistic and uproarious laughter.

While I was fishing on the South Holston recently, one of my good 'friends' threw a life-like poisonous rubber snake on my shoulder while I was totally relaxed, sitting on the front porch minding my own business. He snuck up and dropped the snake on me in front of several by-standers....needless to say, I freaked completely out, giving the crowd the greatest laugh of the entire weekend. The men couldn't contain themselves. And my friend was beside himself with delight that he'd pulled this off.

For my part, I didn't think it was one bit funny. So I can commiserate with these wimmen-folk above. I screamed just as loud, but not quite as long. And, well, I didn't have to try to escape the snake in stilettos....

No comments: