Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Gore Separation

UPDATE: GEORGE W. BUSH, THE REAL CAUSE
A MUTUAL AND MUTUALLY SUPPORTIVE DECISION AFTER YEARS OF NON-MUTUAL DECISIONS FOR THEIR MARRIAGE?

WHILE THERE'S NO ONE WHOSE POLITICS AND 'RELIGION' I DISAGREE WITH MORE, I'm nonetheless deeply saddened to hear today of Al and Tipper Gore's reported separation. One of their homes, the one in Nashville, is just round the corner from where I live. I must confess it's seemed pretty lifeless there----as in no one appeared to be home---for the past six to eight months. I surmised they were in Santa Barbara doing over their latest piece of residential real estate overlooking the Pacific.

Life in the global spotlight, on the road trying to change the world has to take a heavy toll. I certainly didn't expect this though. Somehow, I thought the Gores were exempt. I've never been personally or professionally attracted to Al. But I've always found Tipper to be lovely and genuine. They certainly seemed like a devoted couple. But you never know.

Anyway, I've found public separation usually follows years, if not decades, of slow emotional and spiritual separation/erosion and going separate ways. At some point, you wake up and find there's nothing left to work on or resuscitate. Sad to learn this truism proved only too true for them.

I'm not going to say anything about global cooling. I'm not going to say anything about global cooling. I'm not going to make a crack about global cooling.....or the doubling, triping of the separation footprint......

Instead, if reconcilation is not an option for them, I wish them both well. I pray there's no hidden scandal yet to unfold. I suspect Al is forever done with Tennessee and that Tipper will go between her old family home in Arlington, Virginia and Nashville.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sad and a little surprised is how I'd describe my feelings after hearing about the separation. Peraps they will be able to "work it out" and it will not end in divorce. We'll see.

Thanks for your post on Israel. Interesting things are brewing!