Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3....

UPDATE 1: I have to disagree with Vanderleun on this one. Watching this for longer than a minute or two is about as interesting as watching grass grow. The anchors have to be attractive---and they certainly are chattily attractive----complete with keyboard sounds of typing, busy-with-important-things fingers---no one would give this kind of nonsense the time of day. There's no real substance here IMO unless there's a crisis unfolding in which case I would go somewhere else, or unless I'm trapped in an intensive care unit. I simply don't have the time for this kind of distraction and noise and frankly addiction. Maybe it's a woman thing. Who knows. I guess men love to look non-stop at women even if what they're saying is drivel. If I were to watch any live feed like this for long, it would be financial news and commentary, I suppose.

PLEASE NOTE: I think this is a technology that belongs on your desktop, but not on a blog because it assualts the viewer with constant noise, or non-noise, like having the television on all day. This is, for me at least, a situation of TMI, too much information. There is a way to turn it OFF if you'll experiment. Think it's an interesting innovation worth mentioning, and will leave it up some of the day.

(Can't take it any longer. Deleted it from this here blog. If you want more of it, then follow the link below and put it on your desktop. Gerard will have to bring me along slowly on this one.)

ORIGINAL POST:

Something sort of of interesting I saw at American Digest--- where else for the latest in Internet technology and cutting edge news sourcing? It's live and according to Gerard, it's the future of news. Bye, bye, Diane, Charlie and Katie? For fun, I'm putting this up and seeing what happens today. If I like it, I'll let it be, for a while. I just don't want it making too much noise.

LiveNewsCameras is here. It's all live, except in the wee hours of the morning.

2 comments:

vanderleun said...

Psst... It's not the moderators, but what they are moderating on the choice of streaming screens.

The moderators are a guide and you can, on the main page, turn them on or off with a click.

You need to take the page in context.

But I do like some of the moderators just for fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I guess I'm just a bit low on the learning curve here....please bring us all along on this. But, you know, just for the fun of it, could you arrange a few manly men/moderators to hold my interest?? I'm sick of that blond already....