Thursday, July 2, 2015

Over Togwotee Pass: Coming Into the High Country This Week

DON SURBER: THOMAS NELSON JR. FOUNDING PATRIOT WHO SHELLED HIS OWN HOME
PJMEDIA:  THE SEVEN MOST BADASS FOUNDING FATHERS
MY FINAL DESCENT INTO JACKSON HOLE TUESDAY EVENING was over the most beautiful highway of all: the almost 10,000' continental divide known as Togwotee Pass. I had driven almost 3,000 miles from Nashville via Houston and Laramie. This view was a sight for sore eyes.

As I drove over and down the pass, I stopped to check water levels and fishing conditions of some of my favorite tertiary tributaries of the Snake.  Then I called Marty. Water conditions up high all looking good. He, of course, already knew this and wondered, Where you been?

I replied, It doesn't matter,  I'm here now.

When I got  into the Valley, to my place, I was so tired, I fell into, onto the bed and went fast asleep with all my clothes on.  I must have slept for 10 hours without moving.   I'm just now beginning to come back to life again after two days.  Altitude adjustment and time-zone change are always a challenge.

I thank God to be here. I thank God too for the past several days of real down time.

No comments: