Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday, More Weather All Around

I'M BEGINNING TO GET SPOOKED TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER. In the wee hours of the morning today, the darkest hour before dawn, one of the worst isolated thunderstorms I've ever seen and heard blasted through West Nashville, lighting it up like a Christmas tree and booming like it was the end of the world.

Before it was over, the power was out---no electricity, no internet, no lights, no nothing, and heard a blast from an electrical transformer nearby. My blackberry charged overnight so I saw the time was 4:45 am. Afterwards, I cranked up my little solar/wind-up radio from Brookstone and connected with the outside world. Then Martha yelled from her place, Do you believe that storm!? Again!

Later I left for several hours and by the time I got back around noon, NES had restored power and the sun was shining. Tonight is fairly calm, but more strong storms are predicted for to Wednesday and Thursday. No one is looking forward to more of this, least of all the poor people in the mid-West and Missouri who are reeling from tornadoes and wild storms.

No comments: