Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Yawn

TUESDAY UPDATE: RON PAUL SUPPORTERS NOT AMUSED BY HIS LATEST BILL

TWO MEN I HAVE A SIMILAR REACTION to tonight after skimming the news: Paul McCartney who's getting married again, and Newt Gingrich who's tossing his hat in the ring for the presidency. While I wish them both well, I can't help but be totally blase.

Surely McCartney has a better chance to find wedded bliss this time around, after his last fiasco. I certainly hope so cause he looks like such a sad sack these days. Gingrich, on the other hand, doesn't have even a remote chance to beat Obama next year. He's not electable. So his redundant campaign thing makes me wince, then walk away wondering what in the world is he thinking?

Both men make me yawn. Then yawn again. And you know what two yawns back-to-back mean, don't you?.....it's time to hit the sack!

2 comments:

Tregonsee said...

Newt is damaged goods, but he is a fascinating guy with lots of new ideas. A few are even good ones. It won't happen, but it would be great to see him schooling the President in a debate. It would just be road kill. However, aside from his personal life liabilities, there is a hint of Ron Paul there. Not my choice, but fun to think about.

Webutante said...

I agree; Newt does have some good ideas. In as much as he can affect the national conversation, then good for him if getting elected is not his goal.

BTW, am updating this post with an interesting piece on Ron Paul's support for tax credits for natural gas....which is causing a stir among Paul's supporters.