Thursday, February 21, 2008

This Blog, A Quick Aside

Last August, I was a victim of my own stupidity. I took the bait of an illegal, fraudulent Internet phishing scheme that posed as Google, and got phished out of my original blog. At the instant I took the bait and was hooked (me, the former professional fishing woman), within a split second, I was forever locked out of my (Google) blog. Locked out of ever posting again, from getting and moderating comments and from even telling my readers what had happened. It was monumentally frustrating. Ultimately, I started over at this site.

People have often asked me if I think it was because I'm a conservative blogger that this happened. I've always said no, I do not think this happened because of my politics. I still don't. It happened because I, along with probably thousands of others, was randomly and consistently solicited within the Google system and I mistook something false for something real. Didn't call it the Wilderness of the Web for nothing.

I do think there's more of this going on again in various forms today. Nothing new, I'm sure. I'm sure kids from all over the world with nothing better to do than dream up these schemes are at the root of most of this.

If I'm ever get closed out of this blog and the Blogspot/Blogger/Google system again, I won't return to it----ever. Instead, I'd start another site with another blog company. I may do it anyway in the next few months. The way you can find me if it should happen again is to Google Webutante and then find the freshest blog that might take you to a most recent post. But who knows, by then, I may decide on a new name, cause I won't still consider myself a ingenue on the Web.

No comments: