Sunday, February 3, 2008

Photo Essay For Pajamas Media: McCain Rally in Nashville Saturday

John and Cindy McCain came to town Saturday to headline a political rally ahead of Super Tuesday. Held at private boys school Montgomery Bell Academy, down the street from me, it was a packed house, standing room only event.

The most fun part was working with Noah Schwartz, a junior at Vanderbilt, who was on hand to help photo, write and edit the event with me. Our joint work can be seen here on Pajamas.


Two quick observations:

First, it was interesting to see so many young people there and engaged. As one observer said to me later, "You'd expect to see this at an Obama rally, but not so much with McCain. I was impressed."

So was I.

And second, I liked what I saw of Cindy McCain up close. She's beautiful and poised, but most of all she wears well at John's side. Of all the candidates wives, there is none I can see more as First Lady and carrying it off with aplomb than Cindy McCain. If John is elected, she would be an asset to our country, no doubt. And woman to woman, I loved her cashmere lavender turtleneck.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this phrase you used:
"She wears well at John's side."
She is lovely and poised and well dressed! I'm with ya' there girlfriend!

Unknown said...

Jane,
Wonderful article on Pajamas Media! You go girl!

Bob's Blog said...

I agree with you regarding Cindy McCain. I will read your Pajamas Media article now.

Bob's Blog said...

I loved his comment about Putin, referring to Bush's stupid comment about looking into Putin's eyes. I would like to know more about their adopted children. I liked his comments about the economy, except, how can we believe him, when he so enjoyed sticking it to Bush when Bush proposed tax cuts? I very much like his idea of a healthcare card for veterans. I also agree Petraeus is the man of the year, but what else can we expect from Time Magazine?

Huckabee surprised you and others in Tennessee? He is an entertainer. Obama is a rock star. That is what voters seem to want.