Friday, February 15, 2008

Jane Fonda, Still Appalling After All These Years, Part 2

Several months ago while in Atlanta with family, I did a post on Jane Fonda after reading about her on the front page in the Atlanta paper. I was shocked at her encouraging young unwed mothers and teenagers from getting pregnant, while, in the very same breath, touting her own triumphant swinging single sex life at 70. I asked myself, "What's wrong with this picture?"

Several weeks later, I received a long note in my comments section from a man who obviously adores Jane and took great issue with my post. He got fairly abusive by saying how much better Jane's plastic surgeon was than mine, and how I should sue my doctor for a 'botched lip job.' (How do I sue God, my plastic surgeon?) Anyway, he then dared me to publish his comment.

Yesterday I saw where Jane and her publicity machine was at it again, only this time it was in New York on NBC. As usual, I was shocked by Jane's comments though I shouldn't be. I was heartened to know NBC News later apologized for Jane's off-the-cuff vulgar remark.

How desperate is this woman for media attention and page one status? I mean we all like some recognition, but......this? Where is her decorum? Where is her inner lady? I'm still appalled by a woman who by worldly standards has it all (including an obviously damn good plastic surgeon as my aforementioned commenter assured me), and yet, from a higher plane, has so little. It's not very attractive at any age, Jane. But at 70, it's sad, wo-mano to wo-mano.

This is my last post on this aging sex symbol. Because to give her any more attention, any attention at all, is giving Jane exactly what she appears to so desperately want and need.

6 comments:

Schmoop said...

You must be a Shakespeare fan because this is really, "Much Ado About Nothing". Cheers!!

mRed said...

Jane Fonda is right where she had to logically end up. Reciting lines from The Vagina Monologue and desperately hoping somebody still cares. That is sad.

Webutante said...

To the anonymous commenter who wants all us children to move on to more important topics, I say again, get a nickname if you want me to publish your comments because I don't publish anonymous ones.

Marie said...

Jane is just mentally ill. No sense feeding her illness.

Schmoop said...

I wanted to stop by and give you a word of appreciation.

Obviously, we do not share the same political ideologies, however, it was refreshing to see that you posted my comment about Jane Fonda.

Far too often, I see so many blog owners, on either side of the political spectrum, only post comments with which they agree.

So for what it is worth, I respect you for letting my comment go through. Have a good weekend, and Cheers!!

Webutante said...

Well, matt-man, I think many contrary comments make this blog trip more interesting...there are obviously places I draw the line, but I appreciates your comments too.

Have a smoke on me.....