Friday, August 18, 2017

A Few Words About President Trump's Demise With A Very Opposing Opinion

CLICK, ENTER A ZIP CODE AND WATCH HOW THE ECLIPSE WILL LOOK FROM ANY LOCATION.

PEGGY NOONAN SAYS IT WELL

SOMETIME LAST YEAR, LONG BEFORE TRUMP WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT, I wrote a post saying I did not think he had the disposition of a politician or diplomat, someone in the political class. I said he was an entrepreneur who had a free-wheeling disposition for whomever was like him and could tolerate and work with him in the private sector. Today, nothing has changed that opinion. I fact, his behavior to date proves that to me even more. Right, wrong or otherwise, I do not think President Donald Trump, as president, is in his element. I think he's more in his milieu in the private sector. I see him as a man who cannot take constructive feedback for his and his country's greater good, even and especially from those who are successful and want him to succeed. I see him as a man who, when he makes a free-wheeling/ shooting-from-the-hip mistake, proceeds to dig, dig, dig himself deeper and deeper into the grave. How much further and deeper can this man dig before he either sees the light and turns around, or sees nothing but dirt and darkness and is forced to resign due to his own hubris and pride? So sad.

THEN AS IF TO TOTALLY REBUT MY ABOVE POST, Jake Novak @ CNBC tells me I'm wrong, and asks why haven't I learned of Trump's political resilience by now? OK already. Hope I'm wrong on this. Glad Novak thinks this way.

No comments: