Tuesday, December 13, 2016

View From My Stove

IT'S FROM MY PHONE AGAIN....ONLY THIS TIME because of down internet for my computer.

One of my most cherished things to do at this time of year is to cook for the homeless in a Nashville program called Room At the Inn.  A number of churches in the area commit to housing and feeding  homeless men and women who need shelter in the winter months.  Tonight my church provides shelter and some of the womenfolk  donate a nourishing hot meal.

I did pork tenderloin with cooked apples last year and the guys loved it, so I did it again this afternoon.  There will also be a green vegetable and salad.

After dinner, there are warm beds and plenty of blankets...and boy do they need that this week cause it's damp and getting colder by the minute.

Hopefully we can lift their spirits.  This is what Christmas is really about for me and many of us.

No comments: