Tuesday, February 19, 2013

For Most Women, Biden Is Correct---Buy A Shotgun (and Know How To Use It!)



I REALLY HATE TO ADMIT IT, but Joe is right on this one: If you're a woman who  wants to defend yourself,  buy a shotgun or a little Smith and Wesson pistol.  I have both.  Forget the high capacity AK and AR nonsense with far too much power to decimate the neighborhood and blow out your eardrums, and just go with a shotgun and let the fun begin.

No one messes with a woman for long that they think has a gun and knows how to use it. Might use it on them.

My father taught me decades ago: never pick up a gun unless you're damn well willing to use it right then and there.  If you're ambivalent, then don't pick it up.  I took his wise words to heart.

Long, long ago, I was about to be invaded late one night by a crazed man who knew I was at our river house alone. I heard his footsteps coming closer to my open, screened window in the pitch black dark of a hot summer night. I was almost asleep.

In a split second I heard his footsteps and knew what I had to do:  He was outside, could I kill him? 

I jumped out of bed, grabbed my gun.   I screamed in the dark and started loudly banging some drawers:  I know you're out there!  If you come any further I will kill you!

I said loud and clear I would kill him,  not just shoot him, but kill him.

There was a moment of silence after I screamed. Then he ran like hell.

Joe's right. It doesn't take a high powered assault weapon.  All it takes is a determined woman with a pistol or a shotgun who is willing to use it. Most men  are terrified of a woman with a gun and do not want to be on the wrong end of her barrel . Or double barrel.

If you don't believe me,  just go  ask the sheriff.

1 comment:

Bob's Blog said...

Wow! Way to go, Webutante!