Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jessica and Salma Shine In Black

WHILE I DIDN'T WATCH THE GOLDEN GLOBES SUNDAY, I did see lots of photos of actresses walking the red carpet, and as usual except for a scant few, didn't see anything that particularly thrilled me. To wit, I did not like Jessica Chastain's hair or dress during the awards ceremony. But WOW! did she ever redeem herself at the after-party. Get a load of this:


Doesn't she look good, like a woman should? Recombing her hair from that silly center part earlier in the evening (who praytell talked her into that?) and adding a snappy black cocktail dress to her great figure and perfect pair of gams made all the difference. She's a mighty acting talent who has paid her dues and clearly enjoying her moment of recognition for playing most recently in Zero Dark Thirty.

And speaking of ZD30, I saw it last weekend with HG and thought it was extremely well-done and----wait for it---very pro-American. Go if for no other reason than to see the torture scenes of the first 20-30 minutes of the film.While nobody I like likes torture,  I can't see how it could make you anything but proud of how useful it can be in extreme circumstances, like after 9-11. Even as Hollywood whines about how bad torture is, who are they to talk? anyway, after all the non-sensical violent films they've churned out en masse over the past 50+ years?? What a ridiculous cultural double standard Hollywood uses.  Hollywood is the consummate hypocrite.

But getting back to black: below is a pic of Salma in what I think is the most stunning gown on the Globes red carpet. When you get down to it, even if you search the fashion world over,  simple, elegant black always takes the prize in my playbook. While Salma is a little too over-ripe and busty looking for my taste, and won't be nearly as svelte in middle age,  she is a great looking woman who knows how to dress and make the most of her fortunate good looks:
 

No comments: