Tuesday, February 16, 2010

D.C., A Gargantuan Mess

NEW LINK: LITTLE SIS, PROFILING THE POWERS THAT BE. TAKE A LOOK

GRIDLOCK THY DOMAIN IS THIGH DEEP, DOWN AND DIRTY IN THE DISTRICT

I'VE BEEN IN AND OUT OF D.C. FOR three decades at all times of the year, in every weather condition. I can remember white-knuckle flying out of the old National Airport, now Reagan, in an ice storm several months after the jet crashed into the Potomac. I've been here in heat waves, high humidity, cherry blossoms and snow storms. But honey-chile, let me tell you, I ain't never seen anything like what I sees here now!! Holy polar bear!

This place is the damnedest mess I's evah seen! It's going to be weeks, months--if ever---till all this snow melts and things get back to a semblance of 'normal.' Simply amazing.

Oh and yes, I do think this weather phenomenon is a mixed metaphor for the current distasteful, stalled low-pressure, stationary front now hovering here, stretching all the way from Pennsylvania Avenue to Capitol Hill to the Department of Treasury and to back over to the Fed.

Like I said, this place is one of the biggest messes I've seen in a long, long time. Wednesday I get to check out the improved terrain in New York City which got off easy this winter!

No comments: