Monday, November 3, 2008

Gloria Be, It's Almost Over!

If Obama loses, it would be disastrous for the MSM.

My final comments ahead of the election: Win or lose, Bring. It. On. Heaven knows we could have sent ten men to Pluto and back, built coal gasification plants in every city and given each man, woman and child in America a refund check for thousands of dollars for what it's cost to endure this interminable presidential campaign cycle.

If Obama wins a lot of people I know will be disappointed in the next few days. But I think a lot more voters will be hugely disillusioned in the next few years. Sooner rather than later, these Bush times so many lefties have become so bitterly unhinged over, will be seen as good ole days here in America. You can quote me on this. File it away.

So, Bring. It. On. Some big, tough lessons in much needed disillusionment may clearly be ahead. Can't wait to see photos in People magazine of Oprah dancing with Hugo Chavez at a White House dinner. And Jane Fonda powdering her nose in the ladies room of the Senate dining room before meeting Nancy Pelosi for a foreign policy power lunch.

Fasten seat belts. Wild kingdom ahead. Thank goodness we can still watch the Cadillac Foxes on YouTube.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If Obama loses, it would be disastrous for the MSM."

I wonder how they will spin this to prove they actually predicted this all along.

Webutante said...

If Obama loses, I don't fear the spin so much as I fear a nuclear tantrum from the left of unhearalded proportions such that we'll all be running for cover...

Anonymous said...

Well, don't forget, Deb:

Us right-wing bitter clingers are supposed to be the ones with all the guns.

Right? :-)

Webutante said...

Right indeed, but my shotgun only has had bird shot in it during the last few administrations....so I'm hoping I won't have to get real shells in the event of a general commotion.

Anonymous said...

Well, we'll know soon enough.

I took a quick look at CNN's website to see if the DOW had plunged catastrophically, feeling that might affect a few last minute voters (it didn't; up over 300).

Otherwise, I'll watch a couple of videos and not tune in the news until after 8 PM (since REAL numbers from the east coast wont be coming in until then; I'm treating everything before that as just noise).

I'm especially interested in Pennsylvania; if it tips towards McCain, I'd guess Obama to be in REAL trouble. Also, I'd love to see Murtha gone, which I think is a real possibility.

Hope things go well for you; so far, I'm still optimistic. :-)\

Anonymous said...

Follow up...

Never underestimate the value of birdshot. :-)