Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bye Bye Megyn, Hello Tucker

THR:  KELLY ENDS HER RUN AT FOX AT HER BEST
WHATEVER THE REAL REASONS FOR MEGYN KELLY'S MUCH HYPED DEPARTURE FROM FOX NEWS,  I sincerely wish her well.  She's been a feisty, talented, great loooking  news host/anchor who's become perhaps too much of a star in her own right over the past year to be just a plain old TV journalist anymore.

But never mind. She says she wants better hours so she can spend more time with her family.  I certainly don't fault her for that.  Still, her going  away from prime time at Fox and onto daytime at NBC is unfortunate for her fans.

I for one simply don't watch daytime TV and can't remember even turning it on before 6 pm over the past 35-40 years.  Never watch the morning shows, though I do listen to early morning radio----WSM---for news, weather and country music thrown in.  Actually,  I watch very little television. I sure won't be turning it on for Megyn.  So from my perspective,  she's peaked, career wise, and will have to scrounge up a completely new audience to boost her ratings at NBC.  I keep reading that daytime TV is brutal and I can see why.

Good luck to her as I say goodbye.  And best wishes to clean cut Tucker Carlson who looks like he came straight off the cover of the St. Albans School Alumni Magazine.  Have seen him a couple of times and like what I see just fine.  Should be an interesting rotation.

No comments: