Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My Current Prediction Of Who Will Next Land At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

I SIMPLY DON'T THINK THE DONALD IS GOING TO WIN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION this year and make it to the White House.  I will vote for him and hope against hope that I'm wrong. Still I think he will fall short of a win, losing the election to Hillary Clinton by a small margin.  The thought of that leaves me in a bit of a funk today.  But truth to tell, I've never really been convinced that Trump was/is all in for being POTUS in the first place.  I'm still not.  Some of his actions simply don't line up for me.   I don't think he's got the temperament,  patience or skill-set to be working in government,  not even the highest job in government.

I think within 6 months (if not sooner) of losing the election,  Trump will jumping-for-joy that he didn't win as he goes and comes as a businessman, international wheeler-dealer and  burgeoning media mogul with the likes of Roger Ailes  from his new D.C. headquarters at 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue several blocks down from the White House---the magnificent new Trump International Hotel also known as the Old Post Office which his company has lavishly renovated and turned into a world-class hotel destination.

In addition, I think Trump will launch himself in various new directions which he's uniquely more qualified for than POTUS.  Whether he remains a constant thorn in Hillary's side (and vice-versa) or goes back to being friends with her as his D.C neighbor remains to be seen.  However,  I think that every day and each new crisis that passes after the election,  Donald Trump will increasingly thank his lucky stars he's a mere civilian who can help make America great in many other ways.

BTW,  I'll be in D.C. for a week in mid-October and plan to run down to the Trump hotel that's just opening.  Should be a lot of fun.  I'll put on a wool sheath and heels and let one of my favorite men friends buy me dinner and a glass of wine. 


No comments: