Monday, September 26, 2016

A Webutante Word: The Most Hyped, Scripted and Watched Debate in History Will Be The Dullest

FINAL VERDICT:  ONLY A VERY  MEDIOCRE SHOWING FOR TRUMP,  POOR FOR LESTER, WHILE HILLARY DID HER THING..

.PODHERETZ  WEIGHS IN

 I SIMPLY CANNOT FALL IN LINE WITH ALL THE WEEKS-LONG MEGA-HYPE ABOUT THE HILLARY-DONALD DEBATE TONIGHT. Yes, Yes, on the surface, in the media and Fox News, it's the most talked about, potentially explosive and interesting happening in modern political history. But like the complete predictability of the Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie yawning split, it will get dull faster than a snowstorm melting in July. I certainly will be there watching, at least for a little while, until the scripting and canned responses start to act like melatonin on my mind. Actually, I think there may be more interesting and fun things to see and hear in the last of the three debates near the end when the gloves come off and one or the other has nothing left to lose. I certainly could be wrong about this, and often am.

Nonetheless, the word deplorables should not slip from Hillary's lips and Megyn better have on a great outfit since she's not moderating.  Time will tell.

2 comments:

Tregonsee said...

Best comment heard before the debate: Trump needs to show he isn't Hitler. Hillary needs to show she isn't Hillary. The polls will show who achieved their goal.

Treg

Webutante said...

Yes, true. However, my sense continues to be that Donald is not going to make it to the White House. Hillary will make it by a very narrow margin though. I hope I'm wrong.