Tuesday, August 23, 2016

View of the Grand Teton Tuesday As the Fed Meets In Jackson Hole

WEDNESDAY UPDATE: BERRY FIRE BLOWS UP TOWARDS YELLOWSTONE---IT'S BAD
WHY I'LL NEVER GIVE ANOTHER DIME TO THE RED CROSS

 

I MISS JACKSON HOLE AND ALL MY BUDDIES TERRIBLY. I WANT TO GO BACK! In my homesickness for the West, I go to the JHNews/Guide and look at the webcams. Very quickly it cools my ardor and brings me back to reality. The air there is extremely dry, toxic and lethal for everyone, though especially for people prone to bronchitis like me. These conditions will persist until at least the first good snow. Meanwhile, I turn my focus back to Tennessee, North Carolina and the projects, friends and blessings I have here. Friday, God willing, I will be hiking at Carvers Gap on Roan Mountain on the Tennessee/NC state line. Too lovely for words and every bit as grand as the mountains in Wyoming in its own unique way.

No comments: