Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wishing You Black-Eyed Peas For New Years Day And All the Best in 2016

BIBLE ARCHEOLOGY:  TOP 10 DISCOVERIES IN 2015
DREHER: THE UNIVERSITY AT MCDONALDS  
GREAT BEING BACK IN THE COUNTRY WHERE I BELONG FOR NOW. All I want to do is read  good books, walk in the park nearby and  be willing to watch a little football over the next few days with HG. Above is a quick concoction I conjured up this afternoon of canned black-eyed peas, okra, tomatoes and cooked bacon with olive oil and herbs. Will eat it on New Years Day as a Southern tradition for good luck. Anytime I make something like this,  it's always better the second day. Great with homemade cornbread and Tabasco sauce.

Below, Blackie welcomes me back from Houston by bonding with me as he wallows on my down vest and paisley scarf. I'm not a cat person, but have to admit I've grown to love these cats that rule the roost where I'm staying.

No comments: