Saturday, February 7, 2015

Brian Williams To Step Down From Anchoring 'For A Few Days'

HUBRIS:  FIRST COSBY, NOW WILLIAMS
 
SATURDAY AFTERNOON COMES THE NEWS THAT WILLIAMS will step down for a couple of nights from anchoring the NBC Nightly News.

This inevitable breaking story from The Hill:

Brian Williams will step away from his daily broadcast of NBC’s “Nightly News” for the next “several days,” as he battles criticism stemming from his admission that he had not flown on a helicopter hit by a rocket-propelled grenade, as he had previously said. 

“In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions,” he said in an email to NBC News staff forwarded by an NBC News spokeswoman.

“As Managing Editor of NBC Nightly News, I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days, and Lester Holt has kindly agreed to sit in for me to allow us to adequately deal with this issue. Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us.”

Of course none of us knows what will happen.  However,  I'm betting Williams will never be back and his career as a credible journalist is finished.

No comments: