Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What Happens When Temperatures Cool Down, And DWTS Comment

THE ROLE REVERSAL MARRIAGE
DON'T HAVE THE FOGGIEST IDEA WHY OR WHAT IT IS, but after months of living in stiffling heat, humidity and western forest fires like much of the rest of the country, it seems when the temperatures start to cool down, even by a couple of degrees, life  and responsibilities start to speed up, sometimes exponentially.

Have been dealing with upgrading rental properties I own, catching up with friends, family, exercising and cooking healthy meals, and that's just the beginning.

 Meanwhile,  I've found out some of our family timber lands that contain some of the best hardwood forests in the country may harbor a couple of meth labs, not to mention piles of trash irresponsible users have left for others to clean up.

 It's easy to poach on large tracts of timber because there are so many ways to get in or around  boundaries. There's no way to fence 1,500 acres of wilderness. I've always wanted people to use this kind of beautiful resource responsibly.& However, when entitled people use this resource without any sense of responsibility, then it's another story.  I've reached the end of my patience and compassion.

 AVTers come in, go round gates and signs and have their way with wild lands whether we like it or not. Irresponsible land use and abuse is a major law enforcement issue and dealing with it is not primary way I want to spend my fall. Or winter. Yet, it's on my plate and so for the last few days I've been fretting about how to begin to solve this conundrum. It's a  huge problem with no easy answers, and no quick solutions.

Good thing I'm the daughter and grand-daughter of foresters and raised among some of the roughest, yet nicest loggers in the world.

Let me tell you my natural inclination were it not for a personal board of directors who keep me in line and on the straight and narrow: My best fantasy is to go up to this beautiful mountain, hide and wait for these poaching ATVers then confront them with my shotgun and blow out all their tires, as a little warning. Sorry to say, but that's what I'd like to do in my most self-indulgent moments

Meanwhile, I and some very good, law-abiding men are hiking to the top of the mountain Saturday, contacting the sheriff and other law enforcement agencies and taking the high road.

I will be on my best behavior. *****

JUST A WORD to say I'm watching DWTS new edition starting last night (Monday). I only have one thing to say: Get Pamela Anderson as well as Kirstie Alley off ASAP. Thought Kirstie's aggressive kiss on the mouth of the host (for his Emmy?!), was one of the most cringe-worthy, inappropriate TV moments I've ever seen.  Please  don't make us watch that again or I may not come back to watch anymore.  What an ill-times boundary violation.

No comments: