GOOD NEWS FROM DAVID FRUM: THREATS MAY BE ALL IRAN HAS LEFT
IN THE MIDST OF TONIGHT'S NFL/TEBOW/BRADY-MANIA, it's 1,000% guaranteed Tim Tebow knows some things for certain. Don't be fooled by all the silly-puerile 'God headlines'---even on Drudge---after the game, especially if the heavily-favored Patriots win. Win or lose, Tebow knows these things without a doubt:
1. God loves Tom Brady and his teammates every bit as much as he loves Tebow and his. And miracles can happen on either side.
2. Tebow will give God thanks and the glory whatever the outcome---before, during and after the game. He knows nothing good ever comes from his taking credit that doesn't belong to him. Staying humble and keeping his eyes on his Maker is job 1.
3. Tebow knows having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ isn't a guarantee of winning anything---except in eternity. God is not a good-luck charm-cupie doll to be manipulated or leveraged to suit his greatest wishes or anybody else's for that matter.
4. As much a he's trained, hard as he's worked and well as he plays, Tebow knows his strength is in God and his talent is a gift from God to be used wisely for as long as he has it.
5. Tebow knows that fame and fortune is a flash-in-the-pan and can disappear as quickly as it comes. Tebow's real claim to fame is his name is written in God's Book of Life.....oh yes it is.
6. Tebow knows that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16) but you already knew he knows that.
7. Tebow knows that God's ways are often inscrutable and mysterious beyond human reason and things sometimes happen for God's purposes which we cannot begin to fathom.
8. It really doesn't matter a bit who wins tonight in the grand scheme of things. Either way he considers it a great privilege to be there playing his heart with the Broncos opposite Tom Brady et al.
So, as all America tunes in, all I can say is may the best man/team win. I know it's going to be great fun watching.