Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lon Solomon: Nine Things I'm Thankful For

I'M OUT OF SORTS TONIGHT after a harrowing drive through massive traffic today on too much coffee. Yet, Lon's talk lifts me up and causes me to change my focus from petty irritations to my countless blessings and helps me settle down.

~~~~~~~~~

OUR CHIEF DANGER, OUR HEART

Let it be a settled resolution with us to “keep our hearts with all diligence,” all the days of our lives. (Prov. 4:23.) Even after renewal they are weak. Even after putting on the new man they are deceitful. Let us never forget that our chief danger is from within. The world and the devil combined, cannot do us so much harm as our own hearts will, if we do not watch and pray. Happy is he who remembers daily the words of Solomon, “One who trusts in himself is a fool.” (Prov. 28:26.)

~R.C. Ryle

No comments: