Friday, March 13, 2009

So Much To Say, So Little Time At the Moment

SATURDAY: This is the kind of utter foolishness that would never have happened under Bush and Cheney, but our enemies will be playing with the neophyte Obama Gang cause they don't respect the Obamas and are going to taunt us and see how much they can get away with. And our country is much the worse for it. Remember, national defense is one of the enumerated powers of the Constitution rather than auto bailouts and economic social engineering that our new clueless president hopes to accomplish.
STILL I'LL MAKE A QUICK COMMENT

I'M JUST A COUNTRY GIRL, REALLY, so take this for what it's worth: This is awful. I don't get this trend in facial expressions or shoes. It's Gwyneth wearing a condescending look in a big hurry (I've got much, much, much better things to do than to mess with anyone on this street, even my admirers...). She's also wearing a pair of shoes that remind me of the orthopedic Velcro bootie I wore last fall for six weeks, after my ankle surgery. It's something I would never willingly emulate or wear again. And won't, I pray to heaven.

Still, I have to say the combination of the look and those ghastly strapy shoes makes me want to look the other way. And stay away for a long, long time.

P.S. TODAY this, my second blog, turned 100,000. I know, I know, it looks like I'm only 39,000. Still you can't always judge by appearances. By web standards this is nothing, nothing, but for me it's a lot. Thank you so much for coming by once, or regularly. I am deeply appreciative. Please feel free to comment here or by email whenever you have something on your mind. Let me know what you're thinking. Remember I don't wear Gwyneth's expression above (most of the time!). Thanks again and God bless.

10 comments:

vanderleun said...

Congrats on the 100K!

Webutante said...

Thank you. And thank you for your support and friendship. You gave me my first break with Pajamas and taught me a lot. Like Tom and Jack below, in this world, it doesn't get any better....such fun knowing ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 100,000. Hope you're here for a good many more thousands!

Webutante said...

Thank you, Paula.

Anonymous said...

You probably missed this while commenting on how judgemental or arrogant people look in pictures (boy, do I wish I was like you and never had a bad picture taken!!):

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4887728.ece

Headline, dated October 5, 2008:

"Russia's warships head for excercise with Venezuelan Navy"

Key sentence from that article:
"Russia has signed weapons contracts worth more than $4 billion with Venezuela since 2005 to supply fighter jets, helicopters and 100,000 Kalashnikov AK47 assault rifles."

While George W. Bush was President from 2005-2008, I'm sure that this is somehow the "Obama gang's" fault.

I do like your continued rallying call for national defense, what are you and your family doing these days to shore it up?

Webutante said...

What am I doing to shore up national defense? I put up with you for one thing...

Oh then I support Wounded Warriors, Toys for Vets' Kids, I pray for our troops. But there's more: I invest--as in put my money---in companies that make the weapons, protective shields, the radars, the satellite communications, the drone aircrafts, the night vision sensors and the artificial blood that helps during combat and after in our national defense.

And when necessary, I'll do more if asked.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, golly gee, almost forgot, I also pay taxes, loads and loads of taxes for the national defense, especially when I make a profit on my investments.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!! I'm sure it's hard to "put up" with people that have different opinions....

You're not going Galt? I thought that was what all the kool konservatives were doing these days...not paying taxes, not tipping waitresses and not supporting the President is the patriotic thing to do, haven't you heard?

You do know you're getting a tax cut under "Obambi's" budget right? Unless you're one of the top 1% of earners that is.

http://www.army.mil/aps/08/critical_challenges/critical_challenges.html

"Today’s Army is out of balance. The current demand for our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan exceeds the sustainable supply and limits our ability to provide ready forces for other contingencies. While our Reserve Components (RC) are performing magnificently, many RC units have found themselves assigned missions for which they were not originally intended nor adequately resourced. Current operational requirements for forces and insufficient time between deployments require a focus on counterinsurgency training and equipping to the detriment of preparedness for the full range of military missions.

We are unable to provide a sustainable tempo of deployments for our Soldiers and Families. Soldiers, Families, support systems, and equipment are stretched and stressed by the demands of lengthy and repeated deployments, with insufficient recovery time. Equipment used repeatedly in harsh environments is wearing out more rapidly than programmed. Army support systems, designed for the pre-9/11 peacetime Army, are straining under the accumulation of stress from six years at war. Overall, our readiness is being consumed as fast as we build it. If unaddressed, this lack of balance poses a significant risk to the All-Volunteer Force and degrades the Army’s ability to make a timely response to other contingencies."

Praying is great and all (do you include Democratic-leaning troops?), but consider yourself asked for a greater sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. On you, 100,000 looks gorgeous! Keep on keeping on. :-)

Webutante said...

Sissy, thank you my dear, coming from you it's quite a compliment! All best to you.