Thursday, May 15, 2008

Obama, Cozing Up With Terrorists

If we're not worried about Hamas' recent endorsement of Barack Hussein Obama, then we should be. Steve Gill writes today at Pajamas about this disturbing turn of events in the latest news from the presidential campaign trail, in which the Obamas have responded by being flattered for the Hamas endorsement.

That's right, flattered. Flattered.

If we ignore the company the candidates keep and the support they glean, then we do so at our very great peril. Has Hugo Chavez endorsed Obama yet? Yep. Ahmadinejad? Yep.

Only a man so deeply mired in believing his own BS could possibly be flattered by these terrorist thugs. Obama is a man of ultimate entitlement, naivete and arrogance.

Oh yes he is. And we should be very concerned about this.

Do you remember when you were little and your parents would get a baby sitter so they could go out for the night? I do. And I distinctly remember, as a child, wanting and preferring the ones I could hoodwink and manipulate, the ones who were easy targets so I could get my way. Conversely, I always knew the baby sitters who couldn't be coerced or flattered by me into letting me do anything I wanted, when and where I wanted, and for as long as I wanted.

Don't think for a minute that the terrorists don't see a soft and easy prey in Obama. And it should concern us greatly.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

I have a question. With Bush's record of foreign policy, how can he and his supporters have grounds to attack someone else?

Two Cent Thinkier said...

Ellen, while I can appreciate your dilligence in trying to show the view from the other side of the aisle, let me tell you from my own experience that you're fighting a losing battle.

Let's face it: you and I and every single Democrat in this country are all naive Nazi appeasers who support terrorists and hate America. It's just that simple.

I suspect people like Web who support this President do not see any failures in foreign policy. Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Pakistan - name a country or region and you'll find great successes. Sure there might be some problems, but it's all Nancy Pelosi's fault, or Teddy Kennedy's fault or ADM Fallon's fault (he's the former CENTCOM CDR who left his position because he didn't believe attacking Iran was smart militarily).

I think it will be fun to watch the commentary here when we attack Iran late this summer. Before the fireworks at the Knesset yesterday, I would have said we wouldn't attack Iran before Bush leaves office. I'm pretty convinced it will happen in September (as former Bush COS Andy Card said about the Iraq War, "From a marketing point of view, you don't introduce new products in August.").

Even though military leaders from the top down, including SECDEF Robert Gates have said that attacking Iran would be a "disaster", that won't stop this administration...and I'm certain that we'll be able to add that to a long and growing list of foreign policy "successes" we'll be dealing with long after the Bush administration has left the building.

Anonymous said...

you grind your own axe, Vienna, and I'll grind mine with all the hyperbole....

Two Cent Thinkier said...

Sure, I'll admit it. I do have an axe to grind. I care very deeply about this country and I hate to think we are about to invade ANOTHER country in the Middle East. Would love to discuss this further but I've got to go appease some terrorists before my kids get off the bus...

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree jungle mom. I don't find the idea of another war in the Middle East very funny, but hey, it's a free country (at least until Barack Obama makes us all convert to Islam), so laugh while you still can!