Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Today May 8 Is VE Day in France, So Off We Go to Normandy To Remember The Allied Invasion D-Day That Turned the Tide in WW2

WHEN MY CHILDREN who are living temporarily in Paris asked me what I most wanted to do during my  visit here, without hesitation I said, 'go to Normandy!' As far as I'm concerned all the other attractions in Paris and Provence---where we spent 5 days last week----simply pale in comparison to this outing.  I have been to France several times and care not a wit for a lot of sightseeing beyond Omaha and Utah Beaches.

Today my son and I go there together since the rest of the family has already made the trip.  I will post photos from my phone as I can.

God bless all the brave men and women who served there and the thousands who died liberating Europe, the Jews and the world from the horrors and true Evil of Nazi Germany. God bless the Allied troops.  And God bless America.

I consider this a sacred pilgrimage.

Below, a photo I took at Normamdy on a beautiful day with perfect weather.

No comments: