Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday---Saying No When Someone Asks You to Pray For Them

LON SOLOMON FIRST OF THREE SERMONS ON ADVENT: MAKE ROOM FOR THE LORD ED MORRISSEY ON MARK 1:1-8: PREPARE THE WAY FOR THE LORD

THIS PAST WEEK HAS BEEN CRAZY BUSY.  When I did make time to do a little browsing,  I found this piece by Tim Challies to be one of the most interesting and thought-provoking I've read in a long while.  Saying No, I won't pray for you is something I've never said though it's crossed my mind.  Most importantly,  it's a matter of priorities as to how much I can devote to praying for others, especially strangers. 

I do try to be diligent and pray for someone I know or love in need, especially when they or someone close to them asks.  Sometimes God puts someone or a situation on my heart which I pray for even without being asked.  Still I'm not sure I have ever been in the position of being asked to pray for someone and then saying No.  

Anyway,  hope you're challenged by Tim's piece as I am.  I'll be back as I can later tonight and this week.

**********

Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk broadcasts Christopher Yuan's talk on his incredible journey to God from the homosexual drug scene and lostness he was living in. This is one of the most amazing stories of transformation I've ever heard or read about.  Sobering.  Humbling.

No comments: